Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in 1984 as an academic center for undergraduate studies in engineering. Department offers Undergraduate, Post graduate and research programs in Computer Science and Engineering field and is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, Karnataka. Undergraduate program is accredited two times by NBA. It is supported by well qualified faculty, non - teaching staff and best - in - class Infrastructure. The faculty members are actively involved in research and development. The staff members have also won the awards from reputed IT organizations like Infosys, IBM and Wipro and achieved academic excellence. 12 faculty members are pursuing research at reputed universities. Department has applied for one US patent in the field of Cluster head election Strategy. One of the faculty members has got best paper award in the URENG conference held at Dubai. Department has produced 5 doctorates in last 10 years.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering of BIET has been at the forefront of churning out software engineers with a high caliber of technical expertise. It continues to foster and engender the innovation and breadth of vision necessary to excel in the blooming software industry.
To be a centre-of-excellence by imbibing state-of-the-art technology in the field of Computer Science and Engineering, thereby enabling students to excel professionally and be ethical.
- Adapting best teaching and learning techniques that cultivates Questioning and Reasoning culture among the students.
- Creating collaborative learning environment that ignites the critical thinking in students and leading to the innovation.
- Establishing Industry Institute relationship to bridge the skill gap and make them industry ready and relevant.
- Mentoring students to be socially responsible by inculcating ethical and moral values.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To apply skills acquired in the discipline of Computer Science and Engineering for solving societal and industrial problems with apt technology intervention.
- To continue the career in industry/academia or to pursue higher studies and research.
- To become successful entrepreneurs, innovators to design and develop software products and services that meet the societal, technical and business challenges.
- To work in the diversified environment by acquiring leadership qualities with effective communication skills accompanied by professional and ethical values.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Analyze and develop solutions for problems that are complex in nature by applying the knowledge acquired from the core subjects of this program.
- Ability to develop Secure, Scalable, Resilient and distributed applications for industry and societal requirements.
- Ability to learn and apply the concepts and construct of emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Deep learning, Big Data Analytics, IoT, Cloud Computing, etc for any real time problems.
Ph.D. Guided /Ph.D. Awarded during the assessment period while working in the Institute
|S.No.||Guide||Name of the Research Scholars||Dept.||Year of Regn.||Course Work Completed Y / N||Pre- PhD Viva-Voce Y / N||Submitted Final Thesis Y / N||Year|
Number of quality publications in refereed/SCI Journals, citations View all
|Academic year||National||International||Patents||Copyright||Edited Books||Book Chapters||Citations|
|Conference||Journal Articles||Conference||Journal Articles||Applied||Granted||Applied||Granted|
|S.No.||Name of Lab||Qty||Configuration/Specification||Software|
Students placed in various